- The islands in Belize are called Cayes (pronounced “keys”) and total around 450 including those on the outer atolls.
- Belizean folklore tells of a 3-foot tall, evil dwarf called El Duende. The thumb less dwarf is said to hang out in the forest and punish any children who kill animals!
- Belize is in the Central Standard Time zone and does not observe daylight saving time.
- Ambergris Caye, which is 25 miles long, is Belize’s largest and most developed island.
- Belize is the only Central American Country where English is the official language. Apart from English, there are many recognized regional languages: Kriol, Spanish, Garifuna, and Mayan.
- The currency of Belize is Belize dollar. Its ISO 3166 code is BZ. Since 1978, the official value is pegged at 2 BZD = 1 US dollar.
- Belize is home to the “Royal Rat” (a rodent called a Gibnut). If you select Gibnut from a menu, you’re about to chow down on a rodent which is a popular game meat in Belize.
- Belize has its own version of the Sasquatch (the legendary, North American gorilla-like creature) known as El Sisimito ? El Sisimito , a creature with no knees and its feet on backwards, purportedly has a penchant for human flesh.
- It is culturally rude to greet someone by their first name when meeting them for the first time in Belize.
Royal British Legion Poppy Appeal fundraiser tonight at Pedro’s! We will be host…
Royal British Legion Poppy Appeal fundraiser tonight at Pedro's! We will be hosting a fundraiser tonight at Pedro's Sports Bar for the Poppy Appeal. 25% of the bar will go to this worthwhile charity. As always, we will have live music by Gino and the Shackshakers. Come on down and spend Peter's money!
It’s Friday and GINO is BACK! Come on down for the return of Gino and the Shacks…
It's Friday and GINO is BACK! Come on down for the return of Gino and the Shackshakers live at Pedro's tonight starting at 7:00 pm – Don't miss it